Giving help – Planting hope
- That our centre is a place where men, women and families seeking asylum are welcome and can find the support and help they need.
- That our users are encouraged to become volunteers and co-workers in a collaborative enterprise which puts people first and promotes social integration.
- That through our work asylum seekers and refugees are seen by the wider community as contributors to the wellbeing of that community.
ASHA’S Strategic Aims
Over the next three years we will:
- Advocate for the rights of people seeking asylum and for fair and just legislation.
- Increase public empathy for refugees and people seeking asylum and campaign for an end to discrimination and prejudice.
- Support the integration and inclusion of people seeking asylum.
- Ensure that people seeking asylum have access to advice services, information and support.
- Develop an efficient organisation which supports staff and volunteers and ensures quality and value for money.
ASHA’s Core Values
- First and foremost we seek to meet the needs of men and women who are destitute.
- We respect everyone regardless of ethnicity, nationality, age, sexual orientation or religion.
- Equality, diversity and human rights are at the core of everything we do.
- We are an independent charity. We believe in ‘management by consent’ and are committed to working in partnership with asylum seekers.
- We respect asylum seekers, volunteers and users and will seek to enable them to fulfil their potential through shared working.
- We will work with other agencies and organisations to promote the welfare of asylum seekers and refugees.
- We will involve and engage communities and the wider public in our work.
- We aim for excellence and best quality in all we do, valuing transparency, creativity, participation and learning throughout.
- We are committed to honesty and transparency for all beneficiaries, donors, partners and others.