Asha helps a wide range of people in a variety of ways, we don’t just offer goods and aid to our members, we also provide a wealth of services and support as well. Our workers and volunteers are all involved because of a shared commitment to the rights of asylum seekers and refugees to live with dignity and security.
Asha’s centre is a hub of activity where everyone is welcome and everyone has something to offer. If you can offer your time, services and skills in any way we would love to hear from you.
Asha relies on local volunteers and on asylum seekers as support workers to help:
- with administrative duties in the office
- in the kitchen preparing food for events and meetings
- sorting out clothing and food
- maintaining the computers
- tutoring anyone who needs help with email and the internet
- assisting with Asha's clubs
- staffing the centre
- mentoring asylum seekers through conversational English
- raising money to support activities and trips
- telling individuals and groups how they can help
All volunteers receive training in safe-guarding, food hygiene, first aid and customer care.
We are also looking for volunteers to join our Befriending project.
If you are interested in volunteering with Asha, please contact us via telephone, or email and a member of staff will be in touch to discuss it further.